INTRUDER ALARM MAINTENANCE EXPLAINED:
Intruder alarm maintenance is vital to ensure your system is working efficiently at all times, and to pick up on any faults before they become a real problem.
The type of system you have, for instance whether it is wired or wireless, will impact the frequency and intensiveness of these health checks, as wireless systems require regular battery checks and changes to prevent leakage and potential damage to the entire device.
The complexity of your system, such as the number of devices, as well as whether or not it has alarm monitoring installed, will determine the level of inspection required at each visit. Failing to have either an adequate level of protection on your site, and a suitable maintenance contract in place to keep it running smoothly, is vital to ensure round-the-clock security.
During your maintenance visits, a WFP engineer will carry out the following before issuing you with a certificate report and any recommendations to be carried out:
- Inspection of the robustness of cabling, batteries and power supplies
- Examination of the entire system and all devices to identify any faults
- Investigation of any false alarms raised since the last maintenance visit
- Testing of remote signalling to the alarm receiving centre (if monitored)
- Analysis of compatibility with handbook specifications and industry standards
- Evaluation of any linked security systems, such as CCTV or access control systems
WFP can maintain your intruder alarm system whether or not it was initially installed by us, so there’s no need to stick with an inferior service if you’re not happy with your current provider. Plus, if you have multiple security solutions in place for your business, we can incorporate this within your maintenance package and save you the hassle of having multiple visits from various providers.