Radio Fire Alarms
Radio Fire Detection and Alarm
Radio fire alarms systems changed frequency during 2011 and we are now in a period of transition, there are a quite a few of the legacy sites with the older system installed, we are in fact still installing the older frequency system as the radio coverage is superior to the new frequency, although the newer systems come with increased speed of signals and more built-in latency (in other words it copes better with faults than the older systems). In our opinion they both still have their place in the market.
The Two Options are the FirePoint 5000 or the newer FireCell
Radio fire alarm systems are the solution to a host of problems that would otherwise prevent alarm installation. But even in normal circumstances radio alarms are more simple to install and cause less disruption than their wired counterparts.
Radio fire alarm systems are especially useful for the following situations:
- HMOs or situations where parts of a building are managed by different people or organisations
- Open plan buildings
- Protected buildings where wired installation would cause unacceptable damage
- New buildings where it is required that cables cannot be visible
- Temporary buildings where the alarm system needs to be installed/removed quickly
- Any building where disruption must be kept to a minimum
Please take a look at our case studies to see some examples of buildings where radio alarms have been installed. Want to know how a radio fire alarm system can benefit you? Call us on the number at the top of the page, or use our contact page, and we could design a wire-free alarm system for you.
EMS Group’s 5000 FirePoint System
The EMS Group has had over 40 years experience in applying radio solutions to issues of fire and security, and have recently been asked to secure ‘The Monument’ in London, which commemorates the great fire of 1666. They will of course be using their 5000 FirePoint System, the industry standard for radio fire alarm systems.
Here are some other reasons why we use this system for our fire alarm installations.
- The 5000 FirePoint system is one of the most advanced fire detection systems available.
- panels can control up to 255 devices each, and are available in 4-96 variants.
- Each panel can be networked using either radio LAN panels or hard-wired LAN connections. This makes it perfect as either a new system, or extension to an existing system, whether wired or radio.
- Various interfaces are available, allowing integration with closing fire doors, gas valves and plant shut downs.
- The fire detection system can run a host of detection types.
- Smoke and heat detectors can be mounted to all types of ceiling – even metal tiles.
- Sounding devices include:
- including stand-alone wall-mounted sounders
- wall-mounted sounder beacons
- combined sensor-sounders
- combined voice sensor-sounders
- combined sensor-sounder with integrated beacon (for DDA compliance).
Interested in having a radio fire detection and alarm system designed for your premises? Want to know more? Contact your WFP surveyor by calling the number at the top of the page, or use our contact page.